Sunday, December 6, 2009

Soulful Sunday: A Beautiful Visitor

I saw a flash of something out of the corner of my eye this morning and when I looked up, expecting to see one of the many Blue Jays that populate my yard, I was astonished to find this magnificent owl perched not thirty feel from my office. I was so shocked I didn't move for a good 2 minutes, though I was desperately willing my body to move and get the camera. I finally did, and ever so carefully opened the front door and took a hasty shot...only to realize I had my short lens and the shot looked like I had been standing a good sixty feet away...which I was. So I ever so carefully closed the door and ran like stink to get my long lens and put it on my camera, hands shaking like mad the whole time. I ran back to the front door, edged it oh-so-carefully open once more and managed to take 6 shots of this beautiful, and very large, owl. I was shaking so badly from excitement (there is something about owls I absolutely love) that I only got one shot to turn out, and here it is, shared especially with you! I hope you like him/her as much as I do. When I got back to my desk, there was another flash and the owl was gone. I keep hoping I'll see it again, but I figure I was blessed enough to see it once and get a photo of it, I won't be greedy :)

Until tomorrow my dear friends, have a soulful Sunday of your own.

Cheers,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)