Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sometimes It Works...

~Spices~

Sometimes inspiration comes from the weirdest places. Sometimes the photograph just seems to take itself. This was one of those times when I was waiting most impatiently for the coffee to finish and the sun was coming through the window, right into my eyes. I was sore, half asleep and didn't want to have the sun in my eyes, so I happened to look to my left, away from the sun, and saw the most remarkable sight: my spice jars, only they weren't just spice jars, they looked like bottles of colourful spices in one of those middle-eastern markets where the spices are all laid out for you, begging you to touch them. There they were - warm, inviting, and the lighting made them look almost surreal. The camera obliged by thankfully believing me that the flash would ruin it (I can turn it off, but only if the camera agrees, and we fight about it sometimes, lol), and I got a really cool shot.
I also got a neat one of the pepper grinder, but the cabinets left a shadow behind it, so I'll have to try and get it again, but you can see it here:

~Pepper~

Pretty cool for being half asleep :)
Meghann

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)