Friday, September 19, 2008

Too Good to Last, But the Ride Was Fun

~A New Bracelet For Sale on My Etsy Store~

Well, I woke up this morning and what did I notice? The last few days of insomnia surely were a sign that I was beginning a new flare up in my Fibromyalgia. It tends to start the same way: I can't sleep, I'm even more tired than usual, I am dizzy, weak, and I get spasms in my hips, more pain in my shoulders and lower back, then it's all downhill from there.
I knew it wouldn't last. I tend to have a few really good weeks in the last hurrah of summer. Usually the end of August to mid September the weather is not too hot, not too cold, and I'm less sore, have more energy (which inevitably causes me to push myself more than I probably should), and am better able to concentrate on just about everything. Then, the weather cools, usually quickly, and I'm right back to square one.
But, I'm staying positive: at least I had a few weeks where my good days almost equalled my bad; I got out into my garden a couple of times and started pulling the long-overdue weeds and finished veggie husks from my gardens; I took my dog for some truly wonderful and inspirational walks, where we both really enjoyed the fresh air, lessened bugs, and forest is all its glory. I even got housework done on a pretty regular basis, not to mention all of the jewellery and marketing on Etsy I've been able to do.
Not bad, really. I'm focusing on the positive now, and praying a lot. I have my 20% off sale in my Etsy store until the end of the month, promoting the Etsy for Animals Charitable team, I'm still really inspired to create more jewellery (even if I'm running out of supplies and can't afford to get new ones :-s), Brennan is really, really happy in his new job, I'm still alive - hey, things can always be worse right?
I'm glad they aren't. It was too good to last, I knew that, but at least I enjoyed it!
Take care,
Meghann

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)