Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great Store on Etsy!


~Two of the Many Varieties of Earrings Available on My Etsy Store~

I have a confession to make: I have fallen in love - with Etsy! My store is doing very well, and I have just joined a team of other Ottawa artists and crafters called "Capital Crafters" so that I can help and be helped by other businesses in the Ottawa area that are selling on Etsy also. If you want to see their items, use the keywords "Ottawa Team" in your searches so that you to can buy handmade and locally!
I have to say that even though I've been feeling really sore lately, this has given me hope. I'm getting really positive feedback from the community and have even made a few sales in the last week! Things are looking really, really positive, in spite of the daily struggle with my disease. I've had more inspiration to create new pieces, and I've pushed myself to make some of them to put on my store. I do hope you'll check it out. Etsy is part of a huge movement to promote individuals and the buying of handmade items. You know when you buy that you are able to talk to the creator and you know where it was made. You know what it is made of, and most importantly, you are helping to support an individual, local business, not just some huge, faceless corporation. Many people are like myself: individuals who are not able, for one reason or another, to work outside the home. Your purchase of an artist's work helps them in a real way. So Thank You Very Much!
Check out my store at: http://www.littlestudiojewels.etsy.com
Check out my store for daily additions, including a few sales!
Take care,
Meghann

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)