Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Great Spring Shed 2010, Day 2

Okay, it isn't Day 2 per se, she's been shedding for about a week already, but this was the second day of MAJOR fur loss - this was after only one side of her had been brushed, and I am having to Swiffer the house twice per day to keep it from having little tumble-furs every where (like tumble weed, but her fur). I'm getting about this much fur from my daily Swiffering as well. It is Nuts!

One thing I find interesting is that Arwen gets more sleepy and more hungry than usual during this time - perhaps the stress of shedding out one coat and growing a new one? I don't know, but I try to give her a little extra food without making her fat, and I always try to give her some fresh veggies or eggs or canned tuna juice to help her. Of course, it could also be that she is now spending a few hours per day outside in the warmer weather chasing squirrels and barking at the pheasants that come to our bird feeders (yes, we have 4 pheasants that come to our feeders, it is hilarious).

Until tomorrow, unless I've been covered in a sea of shiny black fur....
and Arwen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)