Monday, May 30, 2011

Farmers Market in Merrickville Starts Saturday!






I am so excited! This Saturday, June 4, will be the first day of the Merrickville Farmer's Market! I will be sharing a tent with Louise of Fireseed. We are in a great location, right beside the Main Street Restaurant, across from the Blockhouse and we'll be there each Saturday from 9AM until the afternoon - pretty much we figure we'll be there until the customers stop coming :)

Not only am I selling my fantastic jewelry, but I'll also be selling some delicious Gluten Free, Low Allergy bakes goodies! I made the "mistake" of telling some of the other market goers that I bake gluten free. Let's just say that was all it took for them to pounce on me and tell me I had to sell it at the market! So far I am planning on selling my Maple Peanut Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt, Oatmeal cookies (made with certified GF oats, some with GF chocolate chips, some with organic raisins), Chocolate Chip cookies, Peanut Butter cookies (some plain, some with GF chocolate chips), as well as my Famous Apple Cranberry Chocolate Bundt mini-cakes, and hopefully some bread as well. I'll also be happy to take custom orders :)

In other news, the photo above shows a custom necklace that I just finished today. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but wow, the client has such good taste, and it turned out beautifully! I used about 100 shell beads attached with headpins to a simple chain mail chain to make a bib-style necklace. Then I used silver plated chain and a hand crafted sterling silver clasp to finish it. In total, it is about 18 inches long, but wears like a 17 inch necklace due to the bulk at the bib part. Heavy and gorgeous, I also have enough beads to make another similar one... any takers?? It won't be exactly the same, but that is the great thing about one of a kind, you will never see the exact thing on someone else!

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)