Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Feature: Maxies Knitwear

Luxurious Soft Pink Scarf by MaxiesKnitwear
Welcome to another edition of Friday Features, where a new artist from the wonderful world of the internet is featured. This week takes us to New Zealand, where we meet Julie. Read on to discover more about this fantastic fiber artist from Etsy...
Hi, my name is Julie and my shop’s name is Maxies Knitwear www.etsy.com/shop/maxiesknitwear I mainly create knitted accessories for women. Such things as scarves, cowls, fingerless gloves, hats, headbands. I also enjoy knitting coffee cozies and little matching bags … they look so cute together and make wonderful gifts if you fill the bags with yummy chocolates or other goodies! I plan at a later stage to start selling cute childrens knit accessories as well.
My mum taught me how to knit when I was really little and she's a fantastic knitter. I was truly inspired while growing up; watching her create the most gorgeous jumpers and accessories for my brothers, myself and whoever she wanted to bless.
In terms of doing other crafts...I have attempted at times to create greeting cards … lol unfortunately not very successfully! 


Blue Fingerless Gloves with Buttons by MaxiesKnitwear
Is there a story behind my shop name?  Yes … it’s named after my beautiful cat Max! Max is a tortoiseshell, and she has the most gorgeous colourful coat. I love yarn that is colourful, soft and beautiful and the name just seemed to fit.  
With only 10 sales so far, there doesn’t seem to be an item that stands out as a best-seller. At present these fingerless mittens are really popularwww.etsy.com/listing/91145371/blue-fingerless-gloves-mittens-with  (seen above) 
At present my artwork is sold on Etsy, Zibbet and via my Facebook page. Late last year I attended a couple of local markets and plan to attend some over the next few months. 
Knit Drawstring Bag with Buttons by MaxiesKnitwear
Do I blog?  Yes I do! My blog address is www.maxiesknitwear.blogspot.com and I mainly share about what’s happening with Maxies Knitwear or introduce other amazing artists I find (there are some really talented artists out there)  
Here are the other social networks I'm on:  Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxiesknitwearFacebook: www.facebook.com/maxiesknitwearBlog: www.maxiesknitwear.blogspot.comTumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/maxiesknitwearGoogle+: plus.google.com/u/0/b/110704225387323282927/   
 I have one charity that I support – my husband and I are passionate about helping Orphans in need in Asia, so 25% of all our profits go to help the most adorable special needs children. You can read the full story in the ‘About me ’ section of my blog.  
What a great shop, and for a great cause too! Please visit Julie's shop, MaxiesKnitwear to see more beautiful hand crafted items:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Maxiesknitwear 

...Would you like to be featured too? Leave a comment below with your website address and I'll either email or convo you :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
This is now a copy of my main blog, Little Studio Photography and Jewellery http://www.meglittlestudio.blogspot.com. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will gladly try to answer it :)